18 January 2010

every day

Not one day goes by that I don't thank the Lord for Sam's remarkable health.

After talking to dozens of CF parents, reading other parents' blogs and hearing about numerous children with CF, I am humbled by our relatively easy road. Yes, Sam takes 6-7 medications several times a day. Yes, he spends 1-3 hrs a day doing breathing treatments and the Vest. Yes, we have to constantly remind him to eat. But, in all honesty, we have it SO good. He is virtually cough-free and wheeze-free. We joke that he is healthier than his "healthy" friends, rarely coming down with colds, infections or needing oral antibiotics.

And every day I marvel at the hand of God on our little man's life. Why us? Why do we have it so good when there are thousands of other children struggling for breath, waiting for lung transplants, being hospitalized for weeks and months at a time?

I don't know.

All I do know is, that we are so very grateful for this good day. And every day.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!