14 November 2010

how is it


that I got a little girl that loves everything girly?

At 13 months, she is completely smitten with babydolls


and jewelry

and fixing her hair.
She crawls around most days with a beaded necklace (or three) around her neck.
She feeds and pats and rocks her babydolls like a pro.

Not that I think there's anything wrong with this...at all.
I love that she loves all these things.
It's just that I was so, so different growing up.
Instead of dolls, I loved drawing.
Instead of baubles, I loved books.
There were no frills or lace or pink (gasp!) around me if I could help it.

And now, I have a daughter, who at a very early age
is showing serious signs of girliness.
This is definitely a stretch for me.

God has such a sense of humor!


1 comment:

  1. awwww.... she is soooo cute.

    I know exactly what you mean. When I was young I was shy and I never played sports and I was definitely not popular. My 3 daughters all played Basketball, one is a Cheerleader and two of them won Homecoming Princess. Crazy.

    Your daughter is such a cutie and I know you are going to just absolutely enjoy her as she takes you on this new journey....LOL. Have fun.

    Anne @ http://lessonsthrulife.com

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!