26 February 2010

dear Lisa

I've been pondering ( I love that word) for a few days how to express the things that are on my heart. I am trying to be more vulnerable in every area of my life and this is by far the most difficult area for me. Then, as fate God would have it, I was reading a blog friend's page today and she expressed almost exactly what I've been feeling. And she issued a challenge to me everyone. Write a letter to yourself. From the Father. And this is what happened...

My Delight, 

I care so deeply for you. Do you understand the depth of my love? 
I don't see you the way you see yourself. 
I see the faith, the hope, the longing for more of Me. 
Let Me show you how I love you, and I will teach you how to love Me.
I am delighted by the time we spend together. It is here that you are strengthened and given the grace to abide in me. 
But, you are quick to forget this. 
Quick to try to do things in your own strength and rely on your own understanding. 
This leaves you vulnerable and weak. 
When you don't find your refuge in Me, you expose yourself to a battle that you were not meant to fight. My Word protects you. Use it and let it reside in you.
Come to Me and receive strength, receive grace, and allow my love to envelope you. 
Rest in this love of Mine and trust Me. 
Come, let Me feed you with the only food that will truly satisfy you. 
And quench your thirst with My living water. 
Always,
Your Loving Father


And, in response I keep hearing this song in my head:

I have this longing 
Inside me this longing 
To know You the way I am known
Here I am waiting, anticipating a touch from the One that I love
I am Yours, You are mine, touch me now
Let love awaken and flow with abandon to You

I want to love You the way that You love me
To love You with that kind of love
So pour down upon me a river of longing
A fountain that flows from your heart
I am Yours, You are mine, touch me now
Let love awaken and flow with abandon to You

I know there's only one thing I have needed
And that is what I'm looking for
Help me to find You and hold You and keep You
Forever the Love of my heart
I am Yours, You are mine, touch me now
Let love awaken and flow with abandon to You


to be continued...


 

6 comments:

  1. This is incredible, and so beautiful. I just love it!

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is just so beautiful!! So full of the TRUTH of His LOVE and delight in you! It has ministered to me this morning!

    ReplyDelete
  3. WOWSERS. thank you so much for sharing :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. This is so beautfiul! Thank you for sharing!

    ReplyDelete
  5. beautiful and so true. Thanks for sharing such a tender moment with us.

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!