18 February 2010

i L.O.V.E., looove my husband

In the spirit of Valentine's Day, I thought I'd share a little bit about why I love my man. A little late, I know. But what do you expect? I do most of my writing one-handed, at midnight, with an infant attached to me...not terribly productive!

But enough about me.

Marko is the calm in my storm. He patiently listens while I rant and rave about whatever has my panties in a bunch, then offers a solution or a hug. If I am running late and harried because there is too much to do and not enough time to do it, he quickly packs the kids up, gathers loose ends and makes sure that I'm out the door with everything I need. He lets me cry in his arms and makes me laugh when I'm taking myself WAY too seriously.

He forgives me unconditionally. I have been manipulative, proud, bossy, hurtful, deceptive, resentful, and just plain mean at times. And he forgives it all.

He has NEVER spoken an unkind word to me. EVER. We have been together for over 15 years and not once has he said anything intentionally hurtful to me.

But most of all, I love him because he loves me in a way that makes it easier to understand the way that Jesus sees me and wants to relate to me. Through Marko, I understand a little better the peace that comes with bringing my storms to the Lord. That He is my Rock and Shelter and Refuge from every storm. I understand a little better the forgiveness that He offers for the sins that I commit over, and over, and over, and...well, you get the picture! I understand a little better that Jesus is not harsh or spiteful, but speaks only the things that will build me up, convict me of sin that erodes our relationship, and draw me closer to Him. That His words are never condemning, accusing or hateful, but loving, gracious and compassionate.

And for all this, I love my husband.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!