16 April 2010

miss me?

Wow...I can't believe it's almost been a week since I last wrote anything. Life here has been kinda crazy lately and it seems like the only time I'm online is when I'm holding Ava (not very conducive for typing) or too brain dead to put together a coherent thought. So here I am, after midnight, posting a few thoughts before my brain turns to jello.

Ready?

Here we go...

First, you must understand that I DO NOT like to keep things just for the sake of keeping them. I do not keep things "just in case we might need it" or because my second-cousin-once-removed gave it to me for my birthday. I have made the mistake (more than once) of selling things in garage sales that I have received as gifts from my husband...much to his pack-rat-ish dismay. Call me heartless, but those are the facts.

That being said, we seem to accumulate "stuff"...toys and misc. household items...faster than I can sort it and dispose of the junk unique and wonderful items that find their way into our home. My son has recently inherited a truck load of LEGOs, board games and various other toys that have started to spill out of every bin and toy chest that we own. At my wit's end, we finally sorted and purged the bins, reigning in the toy madness for at least another month. Tomorrow my mission is to bring all the excess to Goodwill.

We are also overflowing with clothes. With an infant and 4 yr old growing like weeds, I am constantly changing out smaller clothes for bigger ones. The problem? The smaller ones have to go somewhere! I have finally given up on saving anything for future babies and just give everything away as the kids grow out of it. Sigh...my sentimental side is always losing out to my practical side.

So, now that my spring fever has subsided a little, I can concentrate on more important things like blogging , suggesting baby names for MckFlurry, and taking pictures of random things {rolling eyes}.

Speaking of babies, Ava is 6 months old already. How did that happen?? Just yesterday I was bemoaning the fact that I was 14 days overdue! And now, I have a little girl brimming with personality and activity. She is sitting up and clapping, starting some solid foods and truly becoming her own person. Now, if she would just sleep through the night...

Well, it's time for me to greet my pillow before my chick pea calls. But stay tuned, I've got photos and a giveaway coming your way tomorrow. It's good to be back!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!