21 April 2010

come as close as you want


This song has been in my head for the past couple of days. 
It is the cry of my heart right now. 
It is the decision to choose life over death.


Come as close as You want,
Consume this heart that longs to burn
I know Your fire can hurt,
But I would be worse here without You

For I was made to dwell with You,
And how I ache until I do

Come and take all these chains
That get in the way of what You want
And as I stand in the flame
Still I will say, “I trust You God!”

Holy God, Take my heart,
Purge with flame and truth!
A holy heart is all I want,
That I may live with You!

-Misty Edwards 


1 comment:

  1. Thanks for the comment! I love Misty ~Edwards, her heart, so transparent. Her songs are so anointed.
    Your kids are very cute!

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!