25 July 2010

listening


I've been listening to Tenth Avenue North  Over and Underneath recently.

WOW.

Every single song convicts and comforts at the same time.
My kitchen has become a sanctuary.
My living room has become a confessional.

Here are a few lines that have really impacted me in a deep way...

"Why are you looking for love?
Why are you still searching?
As if I'm not enough?
To where will you go child
Tell me where will you run?
To where will you run?"

and

 "Could the maker of the stars
Hear the sound of my breaking heart
One life, that's all I am
Right now I can barely stand
If You're everything You say You are
Would You come close and hold my heart?"

Man.
Good stuff.
Take a listen for yourself.




4 comments:

  1. Tenth Avenue North is coming for a concert at my church! It will be so awesome!

    ReplyDelete
  2. i know, i know...i love those songs too.

    so empowering!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Truth set to music helps us repeat the words throughout the day.
    The peanut butter pie sounds just too good not to try. (of course, I will probably drizzle a little chocolate - my weakness - across the top)

    ReplyDelete
  4. I heard them back in 2005 when I was visiting my sister in laws family in Florida. They were just a local unsigned band back then there in the West Palm Beach area. My SIL cousin invited us to a Bible study where those guys went. We decided not go....looking back Im kinda kicking myself bc that was before they were all famous and stuff and I could have met them, lol. I remember thinking their music was absolutely amazing and wonderful at helping you enter into worship.
    Thanks for posting this!

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!