19 July 2010

same kind of different as me


A dangerous, homeless drifter who grew up picking cotton in virtual slavery.
An upscale art dealer accustomed to the world of Armani and Chanel.
A gutsy woman with a stubborn dream.
A story so incredible no novelist would dare dream it.

It begins outside a burning plantation hut in Louisiana . . .
and an East Texas honky-tonk . . .
and, without a doubt, in the heart of God.

It unfolds in a Hollywood hacienda . . .
an upscale New York gallery . . .
a downtown dumpster . . .
a Texas ranch.

Gritty with pain and betrayal, this true story also shines with an unexpected, life-changing love.


If you're looking for a great read (one that you won't want to put down until you're finished) go out right now and pick up this book!

Same Kind Of Different As Me takes a look inside the hearts and minds of two vastly different men. More than a good read, this story moved me and challenged me to see people with heavenly eyes. Eyes that look beyond the dirt and disaster of addiction, eyes that look for wisdom in the most unlikely places, and eyes that do not make rash judgements based on the appearance of a person.

I was also challenged to step out of my comfort zone. Do the thing that is hard for me. Obey the voice of God and leave the results up to Him. Like Deborah (in the book), pursue the passions that God has placed in my heart...no matter how far fetched they seem.

I would highly recommend this book. It is a heart-warming, convicting, stereo-type destroying book that everyone should own.

1 comment:

  1. Ive been wanting to read this book! I heard the author on the radio in an interview. This took place here in Dallas and theres a follow up to the book out now. Thanks for review, makes me look fwd to reading it even more!
    Oh, and I LOVE your new lay out!

    ReplyDelete

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!