12 August 2010

raw(e) vintage

Vintage
is the theme for this week's RAW(e) photo challenge.

The word "vintage" brings to mind family for me.
I have been fortunate enough to inherit vintage toys, dishes, clothing and more.
I'm known around here for pitching anything that sits around for too long, but I do have a sentimental side that keeps me holding onto these things.

It was a tough decision for me to decide which item to photograph, but in the end I settled on my grandmother's wedding dress. It was part of the inspiration for my own wedding dress and I think it's one of the most beautiful dresses I've ever seen.



If you'd like, go take a look at the other vintage inspired photos at Sailor & Company.



2 comments:

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!