This takes mashed potatoes to a whole 'nother level! It has become a new staple at our Thanksgiving Dinner.
- 3 1/2 pounds baking potatoes, peeled and cubed
- 1 tablespoon salt, divided
- 1 (29-ounce) can sweet potatoes in syrup, drained and mashed
- 1 (8-ounce) package 1/3-less-fat cream cheese, softened
- 10 bacon slices, cooked and crumbled
- 3/4 cup light sour cream
- 2/3 cup chicken broth
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- Garnish: crumbled bacon
PreparationBring potatoes, 1 teaspoon salt, and water to cover to a boil in a Dutch oven ( or large pot); cook 30 minutes or until tender. Drain.
Return potatoes to Dutch oven. Add sweet potatoes and cream cheese; mash until smooth with a potato masher. Stir in 2/3 of the bacon, next 3 ingredients, and remaining 2 teaspoons salt. Spoon mixture into a lightly greased 11- x 7-inch baking dish.
Bake, uncovered, at 350° for 20 minutes. Sprinkle remaining bacon over the top.