13 March 2010

pictures with a purpose

Let me be the first to say that I've been kinda indifferent about the whole Haiti situation. It was is so overwhelming that I just can't wrap my head around the devastation. We have a couple of missionary friends that were severely injured in the quake and, apart from praying for them, I've veered away from getting involved because I..just..feel..so..small.

Recently though, I was over at my friend, Amy's blog. She shared a link to Jeremy Cowart's photo blog, Voices of Haiti.

WOW. It is powerful.

Jeremy posts a picture a day of a Haitian person (or family) and asks them, "What do you have to say about all this?" The answers are thought provoking. But more than that, he has offered to sell these photos and give the proceeds towards buying tent-homes for these families.

Buy a print, give a family a temporary home.

This, I can wrap my head around.


{Sigh} I'm feeling better already.    

Please go check Voices Of Haiti out for yourself. You will not regret it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Roses are red, violets are blue,
leave a comment for me and I'll leave one for you!